A power station generates 500 MW of electrical power which is fed to a transmission line. What current would flow in the transmission line if the input voltage is 250 kV? Ans. (2 x 103 A)



Data Given:


Electrical power of Power station = P = 500 MW = 500 x10⁶ W

Input Voltage to the transmission line  = V = 250 KV = 250x10³ V


To Find:


current in the transmission line = I = ?


Solution:

by using the formula of Power 

P = V I

or

I = `\frac{P}{V}`

by putting vales

I = `\frac{500 x10⁶ W}{250x10³ V}`


I = 2 ï½˜10⁶⁻³ A

I = 2 ï½˜10³ A

I = 2 KA ----------------Ans

Thus the current in the transmission line is 2 KA. 


************************************

************************************



Shortcut Links For 


1. Website for School and College Level Physics   
2. Website for School and College Level Mathematics  
3. Website for Single National Curriculum Pakistan - All Subjects Notes 

© 2020-21 Academic Skills and Knowledge (ASK    

Note:  Write me in the comments box below for any query and also Share this information with your class-fellows and friends.