At 100,000 Ω, how much current flows through your body if you touch the terminals of a 12 V battery? If your skin is wet, so that your resistance is only 1000 Ω, how much current would you receive from the same battery? Ans.(1.2 𝐱 10⁻⁴ A, 1.2 𝐱 10⁻² A)



Data Given:


Resistance 1 = R₁ = 100,000 Ω = 10⁵ 

Voltage = V = 12 V

Resistance 2 = R₂ = 1000 Ω = 10³ 



To Find:


(1) Current received by the body through resistance R₁ = I = ? 

(2) Current received by the body through resistance R₂ I = ? 


Solution:


According to Ohm's law


V = IR

or

I =`\frac{V}{R}` ----------(1)


(2) Current received by the body through resistance R₂ I = ? 


for Resistance R₁ the equation (1) will become

I = `\frac{V}{R₁}`

I = `\frac{12 V}{10⁵ Ω}`

I = 12 x10⁵ A

or

I = 1.2 x10⁻⁴ A

(2) Current received by the body through resistance R₂ I = ? 

for Resistance R₂ the equation (1) will become

I = `\frac{V}{R₂}`

I = `\frac{12 V}{10³ Ω}`

I = 12 x10⁻³ A

or

I₂ 1.2 x10⁻² A


************************************
************************************


Shortcut Links For 


1. Website for School and College Level Physics   
2. Website for School and College Level Mathematics  
3. Website for Single National Curriculum Pakistan - All Subjects Notes 

© 2020-21 Academic Skills and Knowledge (ASK    

Note:  Write me in the comments box below for any query and also Share this information with your class-fellows and friends.