The resistance of a conductor wire is 10 MΩ. If a potential difference of 100 volts is applied across its ends, then find the value of current passing through it in mA. Ans. ( 0.01 mA)



Data Given:

Resistance = R = 10 MΩ = 10 x10⁶ Ω   (∴ M = 10⁶)

Potential Difference (Voltage) = V = 100 V


To Find:


Current passing through the conductor ( in mA ) I = ? 



Solution:


According to Ohm's Law

V = IR

I =`\frac{V}{R}`

by putting value

I = `\frac{100 V}{10 x10⁶ Ω}`

I = 10 x10⁶ A

I = 10¹⁶ A

I = 10⁻⁵ A

To convert the answer in mA we know that (∴ milli = m 10⁻³) so, 

I = 10⁻²⁻³ A

I = 10² x10³ A

I = 10² mA

or

I = 0.01 mA  -----------------Ans

************************************

************************************


Shortcut Links For 


1. Website for School and College Level Physics   
2. Website for School and College Level Mathematics  
3. Website for Single National Curriculum Pakistan - All Subjects Notes 

© 2020-21 Academic Skills and Knowledge (ASK    

Note:  Write me in the comments box below for any query and also Share this information with your class-fellows and friends.