A battery has an e.m.f. of 12.8 V and supplies a current of 3.2 A. What is the resistance of the circuit? How many coulombs leave the battery in 5 minutes?  Answer (41, 1200 C)  



Given:

Battery e.m.f =  V = 12.8 V

Current Supply = I = 3.2 A

Time = t = 5 min = 300 s

To Find:

Resistance of the circuit = R = ?

Quantity of charge = ΔQ = ?

Solution:


By using Ohm's law formula

V = I R

or 

R = `\frac {V}{I}`

by putting values

R = `\frac {12.8 V}{3.2 A}`

R = 4 Ω ---------------Ans. (1)

---------------------------------------


To find Î”Q, we know that

I = `\frac {ΔQ}{Δt}`

or 

ΔQ = I xΔt

putting values

ΔQ = 3.2 A x300 s

ΔQ = 960 C -------------------Ans. (2)


************************************

Shortcut Links For 


1. Website for School and College Level Physics   
2. Website for School and College Level Mathematics  
3. Website for Single National Curriculum Pakistan - All Subjects Notes 

© 2022-Onwards by Academic Skills and Knowledge (ASK    

Note:  Write me in the comment box below for any query and also Share this information with your class-fellows and friends.