Two parallel wires 10 cm apart carry currents in opposite directions of 8 A. What is the magnetic field halfway between them? (Answer: 6.4 x 10⁻⁵ T)



Given:

Distance between the wire =  d =  10 cm = 0.1 m 

Radius halfway = r = d/2 = 0.1/2 m = 0.05 m

Current through the 1st wire = I₁ = 8 A

Current through the 2ndt wire = I = 8 A

Permeability of free space = µ₀ = 4 ㄫ x 10⁻⁷ H m⁻¹

To Find:

The magnitude of the Magnetic Field halfway between the wires = B = ?


Solution:

The net magnetic Field halfway will be

B = Magnetic field due to 1st wire + Magnetic field due to 2nd wire

B = B₁ + B

By using Ampere's Law

B`\frac {µ₀ I₁}{2ㄫr}`  + `\frac {µ₀ I₂}{2ㄫr}`

As I = I₁ 

So,

B = 2 x `\frac {µ₀ I₁}{2ㄫr}` 

by putting the corresponding values

= 2 
`\frac { 4ㄫ x 10⁻⁷ H m⁻¹ x8 A}{2ㄫ x 0.05 m}` 

= 2 x `\frac { 32 x 10⁻⁷ H m⁻¹ A}{0.1 m}`

 2 x 320x 10⁻⁷ T

= 640 x 10⁻⁷ T

= 6.40 x 10² x 10⁻⁷ T

or 

 = 6.40 x 10⁻⁵ T ------------------ Ans.


************************************

Shortcut Links For 


1. Website for School and College Level Physics   
2. Website for School and College Level Mathematics  
3. Website for Single National Curriculum Pakistan - All Subjects Notes 

© 2022-Onwards by Academic Skills and Knowledge (ASK    

Note:  Write me in the comment box below for any query and also Share this information with your class-fellows and friends.