The full-scale deflection for a galvanometer is 10 mA. Its resistance is 100 Ω. How can it be converted into an ammeter of range 100 A? (Answer: Rₛ = 0.010) 



Given:

Current through the galvanometer = `\I_g` = 10 mA = 10 x 10⁻³ A

Resistance  = `R_g` = 100 Ω

Maximum Current range = I = 100 A


To Find:

Shunt Resistance = `\R_s` = ?


Solution:

The formula for shunt Resistant `\R_s` is


`\R_s` `\frac {I_g R_g}{I - I_g}`

by putting the corresponding values


`\R_s` `\frac {10 x 10⁻³ A x 100 Ω}{100 A - 10 x 10⁻³ A}`


`\R_s` = `\frac {1 Ω A}{99.99 A}`


`\R_s` 0.01 Ω ---------------------Ans. 





************************************

Shortcut Links For 


1. Website for School and College Level Physics   
2. Website for School and College Level Mathematics  
3. Website for Single National Curriculum Pakistan - All Subjects Notes 

© 2022-Onwards by Academic Skills and Knowledge (ASK    

Note:  Write me in the comment box below for any query and also Share this information with your class-fellows and friends.