The RMS value of current in an ac circuit is 10 A. What is the peak current? Ans. (14.1 A) 




Data Given:

Root Mean Square (rms) current = `\I_{rms}` = 10 A


To Find:

Maximum Current = `\I_{max}` = ?


Solution:

Since,

`\I_{rms}` = `\frac {I_{max}}{sqrt 2}`

or

`\I_{max}` = `\sqrt 2` `\I_{rms}`

putting values

`\I_{max}` = `\sqrt 2` `\I_{rms}`

`\I_{max}` = 1.414 x 10 A

`\I_{max}` = 14.142 A ------------------------Ans.



************************************

Shortcut Links For 


1. Website for School and College Level Physics   
2. Website for School and College Level Mathematics  
3. Website for Single National Curriculum Pakistan - All Subjects Notes 

© 2022-Onwards by Academic Skills and Knowledge (ASK    

Note:  Write me in the comment box below for any query and also Share this information with your class-fellows and friends.