In a certain circuit, the transistor has a collector current of 10 mA and a base current of 40 μA. What is the current gain of the transistor? Answer (250) 



Given:

Collector Current = `\I_C` =  10 mA = 10 x10⁻³ A

Base Current = `\I_B` = 40 μA = 40 x10⁻⁶ A


To Find:

Current gain = β = ?



Solution:


The Current gain β can be calculated by a formula


β`\frac {I_C}{I_B}` 

putting values

β = `\frac {10 x10⁻³ A}{40 x10⁻⁶ A}`

β = 0.25 x10³

or

β = 250 ---------------Ans.




************************************

Shortcut Links For 


1. Website for School and College Level Physics   
2. Website for School and College Level Mathematics  
3. Website for Single National Curriculum Pakistan - All Subjects Notes 

© 2022-Onwards by Academic Skills and Knowledge (ASK    

Note:  Write me in the comment box below for any query and also Share this information with your class-fellows and friends.