A sinusoidal A .C . has a maximum value of 15 A. What are its RMS values? If the time is recorded from the instant the current is zero and is becoming positive, what is the instantaneous value of the current after 1/300 s? given the frequency is 50 Hz. (Ans: `I_{rms}` = 10 .6 A, Instantaneous current = 13.0 A ) 



Data Given:

Maximum Current = `\I_0` =  15 A

Time = t = `\frac {1}{300}` s

Frequency = f = 50 Hz



To Find:

(i) Root Mean Square (rms) current = `\I_{rms}` = ?

(ii) Instantaneous Current = ?


e="background-color: white; color: black;">(i) Root Mean Square (rms) current = `\I_{rms}` = ?

The equation for Root Mean Square (rms) current  `\I_{rms}` is

`\I_{rms}` = `\frac {I_0}{sqrt 2}`

putting values

`\I_{rms}` = `\frac {15 A}{sqrt 2}`

`\I_{rms}` = `\frac {15 A}{1.414}`

`\I_{rms}` = 10.6 A---------------Ans(1)



(ii) Instantaneous Current = ?


The formula for the instantaneous value of current  I is

I `\I_0` sin ယ t

where ယ = 2ㄫf , So

`\I_0` sin 2ã„«f t

putting values

15 A ï½˜ sin (2ㄫx 50 Hz ï½˜ `\frac {1}{300}`s) 

15 A ï½˜ sin (`\frac {ã„«}{3}`) 

15 A ï½˜ sin (`\frac {ã„«}{3}`) 

[ `\frac {ã„«}{3}` = 60° ] So, 

15 A ï½˜ sin (60°) 

15 A ï½˜ 0.866

12.990 A

or

= 13 A ----------------Ans. (2)




************************************

Shortcut Links For 


1. Website for School and College Level Physics   
2. Website for School and College Level Mathematics  
3. Website for Single National Curriculum Pakistan - All Subjects Notes 

© 2022-Onwards by Academic Skills and Knowledge (ASK    

Note:  Write me in the comment box below for any query and also Share this information with your class-fellows and friends.