The current flowing into the base of a transistor is 100 μA. Find its collector current Ic, its emitter current , and the ratio `\frac {I_C}{I_E}`. If the value of the current gain β is 100. Answer (10 mA, 10.1mA, 0.99) 




Given:

Base Current = `\I_B`  = 10μA = 100 x10⁻⁶ A

Current gain = β = 100



To Find:

1. Collector Current = `\I_C` = ?

2Emitter Current = `\I_E` = ?

3. Ratio `\frac {I_C}{I_E}` = ?



Solution:


1. Collector Current = `\I_C` = ?


Using the Current gain β formula 


β = `\frac {I_C}{I_B}` 

or

`\I_C` = β x `\I_B`

putting values

`\I_C` = 100 x 100 x10⁻⁶ A

`\I_C` = 1 x10⁻² A

or

`\I_C` = 10 x10⁻³  A

`\I_C` = 10 mA --------------Ans. (1)



2Emitter Current = `\I_E` = ?

Since the Emitter Current `\I_E` is the sum of the Base current `\I_B`  and collector current `\I_C` ie.

`\I_E` =  `\I_B`  + `\I_C`
 
by putting values

`\I_E` =  100 x10⁻⁶ A + 10 x10⁻³  A

`\I_E` =  0.1 x10³ A + 10 x10⁻³  A

`\I_E` =  10.1 x10⁻³  A 

`\I_E` =  10.1 mA ------------Ans. (2)



3. Ratio `\frac {I_C}{I_E}` = ?

The required Ratio is 

`\frac {I_C}{I_E}` = `\frac {10 x10⁻³ A}{10.1 x10⁻³ A}`

`\frac {I_C}{I_E}` = 0.990 ---------------Ans. (3)



************************************

Shortcut Links For 


1. Website for School and College Level Physics   
2. Website for School and College Level Mathematics  
3. Website for Single National Curriculum Pakistan - All Subjects Notes 

© 2022-Onwards by Academic Skills and Knowledge (ASK    

Note:  Write me in the comment box below for any query and also Share this information with your class-fellows and friends.